Topic

2020 APA Roundup dates & location?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting 2020 APA Roundup dates & location?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TOU-47
    BPL Member

@tou-47

Locale: "Top-of-Utah"

I looked on the APA site but couldn’t find a date or location for 2020. I’m trying to calender my trips for 2020. Anyone know when & where?

Thx in advance!

TOU

James Taylor
    BPL Member

@james-taylor

Locale: Indy

I’m on their email list. They sent this out in October:

Dear James,

Were you able to attend the 2019 APA Roundup? What a great time! The Payette river system offered quite the variety of paddling opportunities. This area had it all! Hot springs, diversity of whitewater, and great roadside access. In fact, we had such a tremendous amount of positive feedback that we’ve decided to host next years Roundup at the same location! Mark your calendars for Thursday July 30th- Monday August 3rd, 2020.

We were delighted to have Mike and Jenny Fiebig as the keynote speakers. They did a fantastic job and everyone really enjoyed hearing all the elaborate details of their trip. From planning, to hardships, to stunning scenery, and beautiful moments, we learned a lot about their remarkable journey down the Green River. Many thanks to both of them for sharing their story with all of us a the Roundup!

We greatly appreciated the support and assistance of our many wonderful volunteers during the event. Thank you so much for your incredible contributions. We are always looking for a solid group of volunteers for the Roundup and APA is so grateful to have the help of these wonderful folks…Thank you!

It isn’t too early to start thinking of next years Roundup- please email [email protected] to get your name on a list of much needed volunteers for Roundup 2020!

TOU-47
    BPL Member

@tou-47

Locale: "Top-of-Utah"

Thx so much for posting this James…some how I missed this reply.

Dang…after trying to coordinate it for the last 8 year’s, my 3 adult sons & 2 son-in-laws & I confirmed a backpacking trip too climb the 3 highest peaks in Utah…for those exact dates. I’m so sad. 😞

I’m still hoping to sync up with a group here in Utah or Southern Idaho those spring & summer to give it a go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools