Topic

2017 Itinerary Selcection

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont 2017 Itinerary Selcection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Barnes
    BPL Member

@jbarnes215

What itinerary did your 2017 crew get? Our two crews both received their first choices 630-G-1 – #25 (crew I’m on) and 630-G-2 #13. Both look like great itineraries. We won’t have an opportunity for a rendezvous in the backcountry. We have 4 of 9 camps in common but none on the same day. They depart Miranda on day 8 and we stay there that night. Would have been nice but not a big deal.

Jamie.

TAG in AZ
    BPL Member

@tagiam

Locale: PHX

We are on #25 also, a few weeks after you.  We are crew 715-G.

Jamie Barnes
    BPL Member

@jbarnes215

Tag – 25 looks like a nice trek – get conservation done early with fresh legs :-), camp at Crater Lake which looks like it has a nice campfire show – small camp – and a great view of the tooth from the campfire area (we stayed there on our all adult autumn adventure), two nights at Miranda and finish up with a fairly short day on the trail from Flume Canyon to Ponil where root beer and a chuckwagon dinner awaits. I told the scouts that even if they didn’t like beef stew it would be the best meal they’ve ever had due to the fact it isn’t dehydrated. :-) Can’t wait!

Jamie.

TAG in AZ
    BPL Member

@tagiam

Locale: PHX

Jamie – agreed.  I’m really excited that the crew chose 25.  1st shower on day 11 might be a bit tough, but otherwise, it looks like a great itinerary.  I’m excited that the Scouts will get to Baldy and Tooth of Time.

Mark C
    Spectator

@mark-coleman

We are crew 610-M. Our first choice was #25 as well, but didn’t get it. Got our second choice, #26, and although it’s still a nice itinerary, I wanted the boys to have the opportunity to hike both Baldy and Tooth. I was disappointed to see that only 4 or 5 itineraries had both summits. I went twice back in the 80’s, and both tracks, which were in the mid 60 mile range, had both. Oh well, maybe if they feel up to it at the end, we can schedule a day hike up the Tooth.

Terry Hoover
    Spectator

@thoover1968

Locale: Texas

Would love to have any intel on trek #29.  We are 805-A.  Our second choice was #35…almost wish we would have missed out on our first choice to get the long one, but, that late in the season, not a lot of competition for slots.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools