Topic

GoLite Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLite Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

They're at it again!

http://www.golite.com/sale/default.htm

Anyone residing in the area and willing to pick me up a few items?

Seriously! I could use:
    Ion Pack, size L
    Dome umbrella

PM me if you can help a brother out!

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

That's just not fair, is it? I'd like to see what a VO2 sold for, and maybe an Ultra 20.

Brian Johnson

@sirclimbsalot

Locale: Midwest

So, who is our Boulder affiliate that can attend this event…with a list?

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I seem to be starting some trouble, oh boy.

I see that they're doing 30%-70% off. What will it be? Will the Rush pack be $56 or $24?

Is there anyone out there who has been to this event in the past who can give us an idea of what prices to expect? (COUGH – Jason Klass?)

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

it really varies. Stuff they're blowing out because it's changing is cheap, stuff that's mostly sticking around isn't that cheap. Usually they come out with a price list at some point.

I may be able to go buy things for people but no promises yet. I'm headed down to the Arizona trail and can check back in when I'm back. I should be back for the sale but who knows.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

The sale is awesome and a great way to get good deals. Sometimes I feel like a walking Golite advertisement but, its a good sale and gotta stretch that dollar.

They hand out a price list while you are in line. Basically, if you want sleeping bags, down gear and any of the 70% off stuff, like base layers, go first day and sizes in Large and Medium are the first to go.

If you can't find your size or item, ask one of the EE's and they sometimes have more in boxes some where.

I'll be there for sure, need a windshirt and I'm sure something else I'll convince myself I need.

Max Greenstein

@madmax11

Do either of you know if the tents are usually at the 30% off mark or otherwise?

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

It totally depends. Old stuff is usually bigger discount, new hotness is less.

Max Greenstein

@madmax11

Someone should post some of the prices on the important/best gear that they see.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

I am for sure going on Friday. PM me at petersustr at gmail.com if you are interested in anything special. I am limiting this to 5 reliable members and will scan a copy of the price sheet, not trying to make a dollar, just spread the joy to the members. You pay postage and everything through paypal.

Denver branch is here for BPL!

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Oh, this sucks. I'm drawn in to the sale so bad that it's clouding my thought process. There are things that I want, but not that I necessarily need.

My wife's trying to tell me that I don't need any of it, and to save some money. But then I tell her that I am saving – 30 to 70% !!!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Joe:

There's nothing in the gear world that any of us really "need". It's all about "want". Saving means not buying at all, and putting the money in the bank instead.

So let's just acknowledge that we are NOT saving anything — but are spending — maybe just spending less. But even for "wanting" — we still want gear that will truly be a good fit with our requirements and with the rest of our 'system'. Otherwise, buying something mainly because of its low price is actually wasting — and a foolish way to spend our money. My two cents (or maybe just one and a half cent).

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Ben, There is a word for it.

"Spaving" (spay'- ving), verb Spending unnecessarily, though actually saving some money because the goods were on sale.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

I am the King of Spavers. Although I've bought so much lately, I can't even thing of anything to buy. I bought a GoLite VO2 last month, maybe I should have waited. Also picked up an Ultra 20. I sure wasn't expecting anyone in that area to offer to help, that is pretty cool. Oh well…..maybe a down sweater………

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

The recent posts about the Patagonia R1 sale have me thinking about a Melanzana hoody. So I have to get the allocation for that purchase. I really don't need that, and most of the things I want from GoLite are "spares" to have on hand JIC. Knowing that they're on sale makes them hard to pass up. The thing with having things as spares, and holding it for "someday" is that most times, "someday" never comes, and you're stuck with it.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Hey guys,

So far I have 3 request for gear and 2 more spots open. What i've done with the other guys is that I will email you when i have it in hand and note the price. Get back to me quick and if you want it, cool, if not, thats cool too, I just won't buy it.

As far as 'need' vs. 'want' its a fine line, I try to limit myself like a recovering alcoholic in a liquor store. Grab what I want, then par it down to what I need or would be a very nice upgrade (lighter, new model, etc)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Anyone had luck with GoLite pants?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Spaving… heh heh, learn something new everyday! :)

Brian Johnson

@sirclimbsalot

Locale: Midwest

Hey Pete,

Just wanted to make sure you got my PM, and have fun at the sale!

Thanks,
    Brian

John Beck

@thefalsettos

golite warehouse sale

John Beck

@thefalsettos

hmmm that ended up being way smaller than I originally imagined. Sorry. The point is that they have a ton on sale – no poncho tarp though.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

You'd have to post the original size and then link to it probably..to read it.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Peter just sent some prices, for comparison:

Reed, womens: $50
    Chrome Dome: $20
    Ether: $40
    Jam2: $50
    Rush Pack: $35
    Shangrla 6+: $200
    Ion: $35

Michael Williams

@mlebwill

Locale: Colorado

Do they have any Xanadu 4's on the list?

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

The sales are always cool but, there was less stuff then usual and I got there 4 hrs after doors opened.

I did score some great deals on a Hooded inferno: $125 Virga Jacket: $50
    L/S wick base layers: $25 and a cool visor for: $10

They had all but there most popular shelters on sale for good prices, even some older models DEN 2 and nests for the lairs.
    They did not have many packs for men available and no windshirts for men unless you were sample size and could find one or got there earlier i guess. I was hoping to get 2 of those.

If you are a lady or want to be nice and get something for the little lady in your life, they have TONS of womens stuff. I would say it was 70/30 ratio women/men.
    Its a great sale dont get me wrong and you can get killer deals but you have to remember it is a warehouse clearance not a fully stocked store with everything you might want.

Thanks GOLITE!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools