Topic

Where Can a PCTer Leave a Message For a JMTer?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Where Can a PCTer Leave a Message For a JMTer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joshua S
    BPL Member

@joshualee101

I'm planning on hiking the PCT and know a couple people who will be hiking the JMT in the opposite direction. We have talked about the first person to pass through leaving a message for the other person somewhere along the trail. Any suggestions on a good place to leave a message? Message boards, trail registers, etc.

Cheers

Brian Lewis

@brianle

Locale: Pacific NW

First that comes to my mind is a shared resupply point, such as MTR (Muir Trail Ranch) or VVR (Vermillion Valley Resort).

People leave notes on the ground under a rock and that sort of thing all the time, it's a common way for thru-hikers to connect with someone behind them, but effectiveness varies depending on how long it's to stay out there.

Another possibility is one of the bear lockers along the trail: http://climber.org/data/BearBoxes.html

Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Red's Meadow is a close one to the trail also. I don't remember if they had any kind of bulletin board at Devil's Postpile.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools