Topic

Suggestions on a floor material for a tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Suggestions on a floor material for a tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Working on an ultralight tent and I am debating on the floor. 1.1 silnylon is what I am thinking right now, but I know it wont be as durable as a heavier cloth.

Any comments welcome.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

1.1(or 1.4) is what Tarptent and SMD use for their floors. I have not had any durability problems with any of my TTs and I think that most other users will say the same

Dan Cunningham

@mn-backpacker

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons

I had no issues with the 30D silnylon in my TarpTents, but I do prefer the 70D in my Lunar Duo, and feel it's worth the minimal weight to me. YMMV.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

My blue 3-pole summer tunnel tent has a 1.1 oz silnylon floor. It has seen a 'bit of use' over the last few years. OK, I have a few little patches on the bottom where thin pointy sticks have intruded. But I reckon some of those sticks would have had a go at 210 denier nylon too.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools