Topic

Camera for ultralight purposes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Camera for ultralight purposes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

Wow. That Casio EX-V8 looks awesome! Will it charge via USB/can you use with Solio? Are there any little cameras that will charge with Solio?

backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Guys…it's all about the Canon SD780 IS. For just 4.9oz you get the latest and greatest camera in the SD series. It has a viewfinder, image stabilization, it takes high definition video and it's 12 MP….what more could you want. They cost about $150. I love mine.

Jack Newton

@figster

Locale: Central Arkansas

It really is all about Canon. Their optics are superb.

I've dropped several of their SDs on some very hard surfaces from six to eight feet high and have had no malfunctons that impair the camera.

Once I let a G10 have it by the base of a tree from about ten feet away. Still works like a champ.

Eric W. Kratzer
    Spectator

@ericwkratzer

I'm looking for a new lightweight (probably canon) camera and the models listed in this thread are all out of date. Thank you!

Eric
    [email protected]

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

dpreview.com

That has been a good source of digital camera information.

–B.G.–

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools