Topic

A new round of lightpack reviews?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) A new round of lightpack reviews?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jeremy lieberman

@jl4069

I was wondering if the editors here at Backpacking light were planning an updated comparison of light-weight packs- including such new packs as the Osprey (Atmos), ULA’s pack, and the redesigned Gregory g-pack?

jeremy lieberman

@jl4069

any idea guys?

Kenneth Gurney

@drunkenblade

I posted my list of 3 packs I had narrowed down to and I had decided on the G-pack ’04 not the ’05… My thought was that all that I really noticed different between the two was the back support comfort. The ’04 is lighter and seems more comfortable than the ’05.
    Anyhow, I did buy the ’04 G-pack, but I also picked-up a GG Vapor Trail that seems to be even a better fit(for me)…
    hope this helps:)
    Ken

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Osprey Atmos: scheduled for publication on March 1.

ULA: in the queue and being evaluated, not scheduled for publication yet.

G-Pack: that will be an 06 review most likely, so we have time to get in the field and put it throught the ropes.

Chris Moore
    BPL Member

@txtwang

Locale: Texas

I was at my local store and saw the new REI UL 45L pack. Anyone else checked these out? Interesting internal compression setup. Seemed to be alot of extra zippers that led to pockets of marginal size and use. Commments?

Alan Dixon
    Spectator

@alandixon

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

A review of one of the Osprey Atmos packs should be out soon.

-A

jeremy lieberman

@jl4069

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing what you find.

Jonathan Moceri

@jonnymo

My girlfriend and I just picked up the new Osprey Atmos 35 at Feathered Friends today. They have an amazingly sturdy internal frame and, in the store, carrying 25lbs felt like hardly anything at all.

We’ll get out next weekend for a test hike. We are planning to use these on our Bernese Oberland ski trip in April.

This site has been a great find for me. I’ve ordered a few items from here and have just ordered a new Integral Designs eVent jacket based on reviews here. Thanks!

Jon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools