Topic

20-mile Overnight Birthday Hike from Stinson Beach to Sausalito

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 20-mile Overnight Birthday Hike from Stinson Beach to Sausalito

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Companion forum thread to: 20-mile Overnight Birthday Hike from Stinson Beach to Sausalito

For my 47th birthday (February 2022) my family and I went on an overnight hike from Stinson Beach to Sausalito. Enjoy the show (it’s only 6 minutes).

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Great video in familiar territory. Loved the sun setting over the Farallon Islands. Looked like your kids were ambitious troopers. Some of those trails are pretty steep!

— Rex

CS
    Spectator

@covecs

Oh funny, I never realized you could hike from Stinson to Sauslito… sober at least. Great video, glad to see the Pelican and Lighthouse are still around.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Glad you enjoyed it. I meant to mention in the movie that the Farallon Islands are almost 30 miles away, it was a real treat seeing them so clearly all day and especially as the sun set.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

My goodness. That was a really enjoyable video!

Happy birthday and congratulations on fostering such a wonderful family experience.

Stephanie (my wife) and I hiked some of those trails about 10 or 12 years ago. I forgot how incredibly rewarding it is to hike with an ocean view.

Thank you for sharing, your family is beautiful!

JVD
    BPL Member

@jdavis

Locale: Front Range

Fun! Thanks.

Mike S
    BPL Member

@idiot-savantmac-com

Lovely area. But wait, is hiking (even just part of it) with 10 kids really backpacking light?

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Casey happy birthday! Thank you for sharing this short video – my wife and I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. That route is among our favorite in the Bay Area and we’ve missed those trails very much. There’s something so epic about the meeting of ocean and mountains (if you haven’t been yet, you’d love Acadia National Park in Maine). A great birthday gift not just for you, but also for your kids. Huge smiles all around.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools