Topic

20 Degree Long Mummy Bag Suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 20 Degree Long Mummy Bag Suggestions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Hood
    BPL Member

@attom

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for a down 20 degree long mummy bag. I do not like quilts at that temperature.

i would like to keep it in the 350-400 and under range. I tried the rei magma 15, but it was too tight.

i am open to any suggestions.

thanks !

Tom

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Marmot’s Helium is a great bag. Fairly roomy, and easily good down to +15* F. I have their EQ version, which I have taken down to +10* F with just base layers on (and a down hat).

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Love the stretch in Montbell bags

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

The REI Magma is probably the best value bag made with high end materials, and it states a pretty wide shoulder girth at 63 inches – I’m not sure how accurate that is.  If the Magma didn’t work for you, look at the Marmot Helium – sometimes you can find used ones pretty cheap – My dad bought one that looked like new for under $200 on gearswap.  The Mont-Bell bags are probably the roomiest feeling, but unless you find one used, they are slightly over your budget.

High end 20* down bags are getting hard to find.  Both the Magma and the Helium are very good deals in today’s market.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

A used Western Mountaineering Alpinlite would probably work…it’s 65 inches wide at the shoulder, so wider than the Magma.

Boyan B
    BPL Member

@groovygeek

Locale: San Diego, CA

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>There are gonna be as many answers as responders. let me pile on</p>

Sierra Designs Cloud 800/20. This is a mummy bag with quilt like features  that you can tune to your heat needs, a slot in the foot box is the best thing since sliced bread when you need to cool off your feet. 800 fill down. Reasonable price esp if you can hold out for the inevitable 30% off clearance . Paid 250 for mine a year ago

https://www.sunnysports.com/p-sdsbc20l/sierra-designs-cloud-800-20-degree-sleeping-bag-long

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools