Topic

20 Degree Long Mummy Bag Suggestions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Thomas Hood BPL Member
PostedOct 29, 2019 at 1:15 pm

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for a down 20 degree long mummy bag. I do not like quilts at that temperature.

i would like to keep it in the 350-400 and under range. I tried the rei magma 15, but it was too tight.

i am open to any suggestions.

thanks !

Tom

Gary Dunckel BPL Member
PostedOct 29, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Marmot’s Helium is a great bag. Fairly roomy, and easily good down to +15* F. I have their EQ version, which I have taken down to +10* F with just base layers on (and a down hat).

Brad Rogers BPL Member
PostedOct 29, 2019 at 3:27 pm

The REI Magma is probably the best value bag made with high end materials, and it states a pretty wide shoulder girth at 63 inches – I’m not sure how accurate that is.  If the Magma didn’t work for you, look at the Marmot Helium – sometimes you can find used ones pretty cheap – My dad bought one that looked like new for under $200 on gearswap.  The Mont-Bell bags are probably the roomiest feeling, but unless you find one used, they are slightly over your budget.

High end 20* down bags are getting hard to find.  Both the Magma and the Helium are very good deals in today’s market.

 

Rob P BPL Member
PostedOct 29, 2019 at 9:18 pm

A used Western Mountaineering Alpinlite would probably work…it’s 65 inches wide at the shoulder, so wider than the Magma.

Boyan B BPL Member
PostedOct 30, 2019 at 3:57 am

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>There are gonna be as many answers as responders. let me pile on</p>
 

Sierra Designs Cloud 800/20. This is a mummy bag with quilt like features  that you can tune to your heat needs, a slot in the foot box is the best thing since sliced bread when you need to cool off your feet. 800 fill down. Reasonable price esp if you can hold out for the inevitable 30% off clearance . Paid 250 for mine a year ago

 

https://www.sunnysports.com/p-sdsbc20l/sierra-designs-cloud-800-20-degree-sleeping-bag-long

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...