Topic

2 person tent only 16.5 lbs trail weight!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 2 person tent only 16.5 lbs trail weight!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

This one cracked me up. I clicked on the ad because I’d never seen an insulated tent design and thought it was an interesting concept. But I started laughing when I saw that the 2 person design is 16.5 lbs “trail weight”. I think some tent manufacturers just need to be honest that their tent is for backyard camping or car camping only. Additionally- NOT WATERPROOF! I just thought someone else here might like a chuckle. https://www.cruaoutdoors.com/products/crua-cocoon-maxx-insulated-tent?fbclid=IwAR1PWUB-Awn-ARtWZW12YjOpkXn04F3L95K2BQLCKnlP-ESr_hks-GKb5NQ

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Wonderful!
    And only 198019 mm wide! Impressive.
    The length, at 2.032 m, is far too short though.

Hum … no ventilation either, although it looks as though it should seal up real tight. But then, who needs fresh air anyhow?

But glowing reviews on the web …

Cheers

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

An Ultralight sweat lodge!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Yeah, with a door that instantly admits rain or snow when opened.

How ducedly clever!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools