Topic

2 – 4 day trips in the Sierras (but flexible for anything)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips 2 – 4 day trips in the Sierras (but flexible for anything)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David G
    BPL Member

@daveg

New to this forum and to backpacking, but looking to make it a part of my lifestyle and have been reading and researching as much as possible. Currently in the Bay Area and interested in really exploring the Sierra’s but completely flexible. I plan on going solo but would be nice to find someone or a group to go out with for a couple days at a time, its hard to get away from work for any extended period so would most likely have to plan around the weekend. I am 30 years old and consider myself in decent enough shape to handle any moderate trails.

If anyone is aligned feel free to reach out.
    [email protected]

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Hi David

Some of the community colleges in the Bay Area have backpacking trips. Those are a good way to explore new areas and meet potential hiking partners.  REI does as well.  And you might try contacting the volunteer coordinators in the various National Forests.  They organize trail crews and work parties…another way to meet like-minded people.

You can also find a ton of info on our website: backpackthesierra.com…

David G
    BPL Member

@daveg

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the advice and I just may go that route. Your website was actually one of the first I came upon when researching online and was a nice inspiration. Thanks for creating such great content!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools