Topic

1mm Polyester Drawcord source

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1mm Polyester Drawcord source

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

Does anyone know of a source for 1mm polyester drawcord? I would love a link for Amazon Prime. I’m looking for the same type that Zpacks sells. When I did a search for it, some was fake leather, braided, elastic… so I wasn’t sure.

Bob K
    BPL Member

@seventy2002

Braided fishing line is available in 1mm diameter. Usually made of UHMWPE, rather than polyester, however.

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

+1

300lb test braided fishing line is 1mm. I bought 200lb test at .75mm to use as prusik knots on zing-it that is 1.75mm.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Check with a local marine supply. I’ve been doing that for tent guy lines and found incredible stuff for cheap. One that is sailboat oriented would be better.

jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

Don,

I could be wrong here but what I believe Zpacks is using is 1mm or so waxed whipping twine. You can search for it in marine or specifically sailing supply stores. The larger diameters (1mm and over) are a braided version and are better for the application. I use it for stuff sack cinches, and of course whipping line ends for my sailboat rigging :)  I could only find the larger size in white. Mine is made by FSE Robline and is a #10 line. 151 ft/spool. You can get it in dyneema also but its 3 times the price. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/FSE-Robline-Waxed-Tackle-White/dp/B00QLQUVGU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1491185953&sr=8-4&keywords=fse+robline+whipping+twine+1+mm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools