Topic

Tyvek tape

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tyvek tape

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Does tyvek tape bond well enough to hold a tarp, bag, poncho or tent together ??

Like double stick at seams, single sided for reinforcement of corners etc.

I know glue will work too, but thought tape would be easier.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I have used Tyvek tape to make Tyvek ground sheets for two of my tents. One of them has been used for four years, with no signs of peeling. On the first sheet I wrapped strips of Tyvek with Tyvek tape and then used the tape to fasten the strips to the sheet, as corner tie-outs. These are staked,under tension, to keep the ground sheet in place. I tested these tie-outs by pulling on them very hard. They have worked well, and show no signs of failure. The "seam" is a simple overlap, with both sides taped. Not pretty, but very serviceable.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I give, where can I buy 1 and 2 sided tyvek tape ??
    Maybe about 1" wide. I found a source for 1 sided tape but not 2 sided.

Thanks

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I've never heard of two sided Tyvek tape. Where have you heard of this item. I'd like to get some.

I get my Tyvek and Tyvek tape form Home Depot or Lowe's.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Gees,

I think it was on the dupont website.

http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek_Construction/en_IE/products/accessories/accessories2/doublesided_tape.html

Ill be darned if I can find any though.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Home Despot will typically special order any product with no shipping cost to you. Go to the 'pro desk' and tell them what you want. For example, I was in need of a dust port accessory for a makita saw that I couldn't find anywhere and it cost me a whopping $2.13 from HD and took about a week to arrive. Sometimes monopolies are convenient.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools