Topic

betalight vs. twin peaks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) betalight vs. twin peaks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

betalight vs. twin peaks
    Fellow gearheads,
    I’m trying to decide between Black Diamond’s betalight and MSR’s Twin Peaks.

Are the extra features worth the extra weight of the Twin Peaks (peak vent, curved double zipper on door, adjustable stake out loops) Is condensation really reduced by the vents? I would imagine it’d help if you’re cooking inside. How does it hold up in wind and snowloads?

At this point, I might even consider the Megalite, but I’d be using it mostly with myself and the pooch. Besides, I like the lower profile of the betalight.

Any constructive comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

Have you seen the Oware Alphamid? if I was in the market for a winter floorless tent, this is what I would buy

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

I own a Betalight and have used it in the NE of USA as well as in Scandinavia, in a word it is great. It has withstood strong winds above the tree line as well as torrential downpours. With the possibility of mixing and matching with the bug canopy and the floor, or no floor it is a great piece of gear. I have never used a Twin Peaks so I cannot compare.

There is ample space inside and though the poles are in the middle of the tent this has never been a problem when 2 persons are in the tent.

I hope that this helps

Anonymous

Andrew Skurka used the 19 ounce Oware Alphamid for most of his 7700 mile Coast-to-Coast TTTHHHRRRUUU-hike. It might be worth your while to take a look at it. Oware is a great company to do business with – very trustworthy and ships very fast, in my experience (3 different orders).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools