Topic

Sony camcorders with built in GPS

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Sony camcorders with built in GPS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Just received an E Mail from Sony announcing the new camcorder range. This line caught my eye :
    "The new Handycam HDR-XR520V, HDR-XR500V and HDR-XR200V camcorders feature a built-in GPS receiver that allows you to use the touch screen to view your current location on the LCD map display, as well as "tag" your shooting locations. "

I translate that into "we are about to see cheaper GPSs'"
    (higher production runs for GPS chips)
    Franco

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

The Nikon Coolpix 6000 (it is a point and shoot camera, not a camcorder) also has GPS tagging, I have been drooling over it based exclusively on that feature!

Being able to sort your photos by location (using iLife '09, Flickr, etc) would be so great.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Sony came out with a gadget called a CS1 in 2006 to do that. When it was released Sony listed some "compatible" cameras but we had it working with several non Sony products.
    There are other similar devices like the GISTEQ DPL 700 and the Amod AGL 3080.
    See http://scilib.typepad.com/techreviews/2008/01/amod-agl3080-ma.html
    Franco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools