Topic

Experiencewith SD hyperlight tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Experiencewith SD hyperlight tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

Hello all. I have a trip planned to Patagonia in Feb. and Mar. and am wondering if anyone has experience with the Sierra Designs Hyperlight series of tents in high winds. Will be trekking in Torres Del Paine and Los Glaciares and then further north in the Aysen region of Chile. I plan on avoiding exposed sites as much as possible. I’m leaning towards picking up a SD Hercules Light AST instead.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Lucky SOB. Los Glaciares is fantastic.
    Patagonia is one place where I don’t mess around w/
    less than bomber tents unless your camping is at the net work of refuges where you will find windbreaks (where you could get away w/ the Hyperlight). The 4 season Hercules is rather heavy but appropriate. The LW version, I’m not familiar with.
    Myself? Some years ago I used a Bibler I-tent and tied it down as though my life depended on it (which it did).
    Have a great time.

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I can get a deal on the Hercules Light AST. It seems the difference betweent this and the standard hercules ast is slightly smaller size with lighter poles and fly. With the Jake’s corner setup it looks pretty sturdy even with the lighter poles.

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I can get a deal on the Hercules Light AST. It seems the difference betweent this and the standard hercules ast is slightly smaller size with lighter poles and fly. With the Jake’s corner setup it looks pretty sturdy even with the lighter poles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools