Topic

dehydrating fruit pulp!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition dehydrating fruit pulp!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drew doty
    BPL Member

@saltyotter

i recently got a juicer and have ended up with alot of pulp from fruits and veggies. what can i do with it? any good recipes? can you make a leather out of it? or just dehydrate it as a yummy fruit crumble, or eat it on oatmeal?

thanks for any help. sorry if this thread exists already.

drew

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I would think that the pulp is pretty much devoid of flavor and nutrients once you've juiced it… I could be wrong though. I know the pulp that comes out of our machine wouldn't have been much good for anything.

Dicentra OPW

@dicentra

Locale: PNW

Disclaimer: I don't have a juicer.

I saw a blog post recently where someone had used the pulp from their juicer (combined with some other things?) to make fruit leather. Pear-ginger-carrot leather, I think it was?

I would think you could also dry the fruit to add to oatmeal etc. (I'm thinking apples, pears here).

Would be neat to see how/if someone tries that.

Dicentra OPW

@dicentra

Locale: PNW

If you have veggies (I'm thinking specificly carrots here, but other things would work) you could add them, after dehydrating, to your dried vegetable mix? Soup mix?

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

I have a friend who makes muffins out of juiced fruit pulp but sorry I do not have the recipe

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Drew… here is some interesting information for you…

http://www.juicing-for-health.com/juicer-pulp-recipes.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools