Topic

I’ll be in souther oregon next week

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion I’ll be in souther oregon next week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

Cruising with a friend to the grants pass area. I have 2 nights 3 days to explore anywhere within around 100 miles of the town. Im looking for a remote 40-60 mile loop that shows me what oregon has to offer I'm leaving in 2 days so am open to suggestions. Should I stay twoards the coast or head inland.

Thanks in advance
    Sean

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

A true adventure worth doing would be a snowshoe trip around Crater Lake. PM for more information or help.

Carol Corbridge
    Spectator

@ccorbridge

Locale: Southern Oregon

I'd head into the Kalmiopsis Wilderness in the Siskiyou Nat Forest. Maps available at GP ranger station. Big, wild, empty. Fire about 5 years ago has made some unusual terrain even weirder.camp
    I'd go in the Chetco Pass route. There will be snow on the rim, so you can't get to Babyfoot Trailhead by car. Be ready for some snow hiking in any case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools