Topic

Momentum, which side goes out?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Momentum, which side goes out?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

Well I just got my Minima vest kit and the momentum for my bivy from thru-hiker. I just wanted to double check which side goes out? I'm going to guess the shiny side and the dull goes towards the inside, but I'm not sure and would hate to have to resew after I found out otherwise. I'll be starting to sew hopefully on Wednesday afternoon when my college finals are over. So your help is greatly appreciated.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Jared,
    It's actually the other way around. Shiny side goes on the inside (toward the insulation) and the dull side on the outside (to fend off the elements)…at least that's how I made my bivy. :)

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

thanks, that's what they just posted on the thru-hiker's forum also. That's good cause i was trying to get dull colors that blend in for the top of the bivy, and the minima vest kit. Hopefully skeeters aren't attracted to the coyote brown like my blue and grey jacket… if the momentum works well i might as well make a wind jacket with it. Thanks again.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

Yep, from AYCE's forums:

"The matte side is the right side, the shiny side is the wrong side. "

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools