Topic

Clothing system for work and outside

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedMar 15, 2009 at 8:48 am

I, like many people on this list it seems, do not work a professional job and really never want to again. I am trying to be more efficient in what I buy and use in addition to lowering the amount of stuff I have. I can get everything I own currently but the desk, bed, dresser, homebrew kit and 40 saltwater ref tank into my 88 Honda Civic Hatcback.

I am trying to work out a clothing system that I can use both for work and not work. My job basically requires me to wear something that is not blue jeans for pants and a shirt that has a collar. I do stink after awhile so I am mixing wool with polypro. My plan is to do a load of wash once per week. I plan to alternate the wool for three days each and then on the seventh day wear one of the layers of polypro while doing laundry and letting the wool dry. This polypro would go into the laundry bag for the next weekend and I would use the second polypro layer then so that they would alternate and be in reserve for emergencies. Undergarments would work the same as shirts. Three pairs of socks would be alternated each day with the fourth pair for the seventh day to restart with two other pairs. For camping/hiking pieces could be taken out as needed. It is mainly a baselayer system and I have my other layers down below that take me to about 20F.

What could be done better, needs to be added or eliminated? Thanks.

2 Wool polo shirts
2 Viscose rayon Hawaiian shirts
(all to be used year round because most offices keep the temps at 68F+)

1 Wool crew long sleeve
1 Wool zip neck long sleeve
1 Polypro crew long sleeve
1 Polypro zip neck long sleeve
(for layering when the heat goes out or otherwise)

2 Polypro Trunks
2 Wool Trunks

4 Wool/polypro blend liner/ankle socks
4 Hiking/Trekking socks for winter
(can be combined for layering)

2 pairs convertible pants pants

Outerwear
200wt fleece jacket
Rain/wind jacket
Lightweight gloves wind resistant fleece gloves
200wt wind resistant fleece mitts
Lightweight wind resistant fleece hat
200wt wind resistant fleece balaclava
Lightweight bottoms

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...