Topic

Yeti Passion Sleeping Bag (9oz)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Yeti Passion Sleeping Bag (9oz)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ari Tapio

@aritapio

Yeti, a German company, has introduced 3 ultralight sleeping bags:

Yeti Passion 1 (total weight 9oz of which 4oz down fill)

Yeti Passion 3 (total weight 16oz of which 11oz down fill)

Yeti Passion 5 (total weight 24oz of which 18oz down fill

Filling: Crystal Down 97/3, 900+
    Fabrics: LightyGram (RipStop Nylon)

http://www.yetiworld.com/en/produkte/schlafsaecke/vib0.html

Sounds too good to be true. Any views?

Dustin F

@dirtt

Locale: So. California

seems kind of expensive even compared to a nunatak or feathered friends bag

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

At least they give credible temperature ratings according to the European Standard. And the ratings seem to match the down content.

Cheers

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

Yeti bags were available in Japan, including the Pocket bag, which I presume was the precursor to the Passion 1. A store near me (Sakaiya) stocked them so I got to play with them sometimes. They were very high quality, but rather expensive. Warmth … you'd suspect that in a 265 gram bag the down filling would be so thin that anything point, like an elbow, would simply poke through and there really wouldn't be much point to the down beneath you.

From memory they used the best Polish down.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I remember seeing these before on the net. Cool product. I have to say that I am a little skeptical on whether or not the photo is the actual bag. The photo shows a sleeping bag stuffed pretty full yet states it has 100 grams (~3.5oz) of down fill. Unless the bag is very small I don't see how it would loft like that. On the other hand, it states a comfort rating of 15*C so maybe that is accurate considering you could get away with a small fleece blanket at that temp. For me, I wouldn't be able to use this is the dead of summer.
    The passion 2 and 3 are promising…P2 has 10.5 oz of down in an 19 oz bag…very impressive.

frank martin
    BPL Member

@sriprank

Locale: NORCAL

I had a Yeti "Allaround 500" for awhile. I got it on Ebay from someone who purchased it in Germany. Nobody else bid on it as most people had never heard of them.

This model was light but far from bring UL. The craftmanship on the bag was first rate. It was a beautiful bag.

The neat feature of this bag was the zipper went 'allaround' the footbox and it could be used as a two person quilt.

I have a lot of bags so I had it on Gear Swap for awhile and finally sold it on Craigslist.

frank

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> From memory they used the best Polish down.
    Which may be a whole lot different from the Chinese stuff.
    Much Chinese down is from young birds bred for meat; the Polish down is from older birds bred for the down.

Cheers

Paul Bergman

@lpjb3939

This is a great bag! I own the Passion five and couldn't be happier. I own four Feathered Friends sleeping bags that I really enjoy, however, I seem to use my Yeti sleeping bag more than the other four bags.

This is a great product and the craftsmanship is outstanding. It is worth every penny.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools