Topic

BPL Merino UL Hoody – 5.9 oz Size L

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info BPL Merino UL Hoody – 5.9 oz Size L

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    James Arriola
    BPL Member

@ravs4fun

Locale: Desert Southwest

Has a price been determined yet on the BPL Merino UL Hoody? Thanks.

James

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The new UL Merino items are in transit to our warehouse at this time. A conservative estimate as to their arrival would be 7 to 10 days. A liberal estimate would be as soon as tomorrow (Aug. 26th).

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Thanks Sam. When will the product page show up on the website that allows stock alerts? Have you decided to wait until they come in to do that?

Take care,

Doug

Steven Inge

@tnis0612

Can anyone comment on the differences between this hoody and the Beartooth hoody regarding warmth? I'm trying to decide which one I would prefer but I've never had any merino wool clothing so i'm trying to determine what kind of warmth these things provide. Thanks.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The beartooth is a heavier weight wool so it will be warmer. This one is about as light of a wool as you can get, if not the lightest. Knowing what area you travel in and what the general temps are like would help us make a better suggestion for you.

Steven Inge

@tnis0612

Thanks for the response Chris. I'm in Virginia and will do mostly fall and spring backpacking on and around the AT. I'm also planning a summer trip to Denali National Park next summer but I wont be going up on the mountain or anything. Most of my hiking will be in 50 degree weather during the day and 30 at night. I would like to sleep in this hoody too so I would like for it to provide me some warmth.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I spend most of my time in North GA and Western NC so similar climate. I have the beartooth hoody already but will mostly use it during winter down here. This new hoody makes more sense to me as a base layer during shoulder seasons in our typical conditions.

Ron Filbert

@ron

I didn't see any cost listed. I am liking what I see though. A hood string and front zipper would be a nice feature to help regulate heat and cold, but the downside is it would add more weight.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The cost for the new hoody will be around $60 so very reasonable in my opinion.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

KINDA…

I have the BPL Merino UL Shirt (Long-Sleeve) and UL Long John Pant.

During a clumsy moment while putting on the long johns, I ripped a large whole in one of the legs above and to the side of the knee area. Still functional. Not a problem.

A thought just occurred to me. I really "have" a UL Hoody. I put on the long sleeve. Then rip the leg off the long john. Finally pull the detached leg over my head. Tie a knot in top. If necessary make a breathing hole.

What do you think?

William Johnson

@steamboat_willie

Any discounts for those of us who can guess how close to a gram Ryan would lose if he shaved his neck hair? ;P

Hoody looks great and thank you for the updates.

Thomas Piteo

@pitman

Will this be available in a xxl size? One xl is too small.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

A XXL would be nice!! Has BPL ordered a few for the larger folks?

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

I'm more worried about the bottom end sizes. I'm tiny.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Size really has nothing to do with!!! Matt I am sure you can outhike most people on this website Mr. Ultra Runner…Besides it's not the size of the pen it's the penmanship!!!

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I'm about your size Matt and will order a small. I have a small Beartooth hoody that's a little bit large in the torso area but this one should fit a bit more snug.

Jeff Piper
    BPL Member

@jmpiper

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I just looked but don't see it for sale in the shop. I see the more expensive and heavier green version (with zipper and thumb loops), but not this one. I searched for "hoody". Is it possibly elsewhere on the site?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Hi Jeff,

I don't think they're on the site yet. I'm anxious as well! Should be soon though. At least I hope so!

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

The page hasn't been published yet. Sam was waiting on the stock to arrive at the warehouse. He's out with the WTS2-LDB group right now so I assume Ryan or someone else is handling the gear shop in his absence.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Looks like it has arrived. I like it and the price. Wish I could afford it right now! I like the beanie to!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

I was going to buy the beanie, but it still says it's out of stock. I did buy the hoodie though.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Is the beanie sold out already ?

Stephanie Jordan
    Admin

@stephaniejordan

Locale: Rocky Mountains

It's now in stock. Took a little bit to finish receiving it at the warehouse.

David Spaedt

@alwaysone

Hello,

I'm fairly new to "Out of Stock.com" or BPL and I just noticed this was out of stock in Large. Is there any way to determine if restocking is intended and the the approx. date of that restock?

BPL seems to advertise a TON of gear that they don't sell because they are out of stock. Is this normal or are they in some sort of transitional phase. I have well over $400 dollars of gear I'd like to purchase for hiking but BPL is out of stock on all the items.

I'm just trying to plan my gear choices so I have everthing I'd like by the spring. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools