Topic

SMD Essence Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SMD Essence Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ron Jameson
    BPL Member

@tigerpaws

Locale: Upstate SC

Does anyone know if SMD has stopped carring this pack. It is not showing on the SMD web site. This is my 1st post.

Thanks Ron

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Howdy Ron!

Something this specific, it's best to call or email Ron Moak the man (contact info listed on SMD website). It's the best way to know for sure if the pack is discontinued or just out temporarily, etc.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Yep, best to call Ron…I'll tell you one thing. If they discontinued it, then they discontinued the wrong pack!

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Call SMD. They're 0 for 2 in returning inquiries left on their web form. (on edit- apparently due to problems with the web server)

By phone they have been very helpful, and I love my Starlight pack.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

…and let us know what they say…cuz I'll start making it. :)

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

FWIW, SMD is having some problems with their web server right now, so the odds are pretty good they never got Jim's inquiries.

Definitely call them. 503-430-2303

Ron Moak

@rmoak

Yes, the Essence pack has been discontinued. There just wasn't enough demand.

I've got a new UL pack that has just gone into the production cycle. I'll be posting more information on it in the next few weeks.

Ron
    Six Moon Designs

John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Aww, too bad; I really like my Essence. Looking forward to the new UL pack, though…

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Sad. I started using my Essence only for high altitude trips, but I am now using it more and more. For me there was a bit of a learning curve, but I am looking forward to your new "Wicked Light" pack.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools