Topic

What are current conditions in the Whites of NH?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports What are current conditions in the Whites of NH?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I am taking my 20 year old daughter on a hiking trip this weekend (March 13-15) in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I plan to stay on relatively level terrain at elevations of 2000 to 3000 feet (no extreme peak bagging).

I know that it has warmed up considerably this week and the big snows of early winter have diminished. My question is, do we still need to take snowshoes?

My wife and I did a trip up there in late January and snowshoes were definitely required but, I believe conditions have changed, or maybe not!

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I'd assume most trails are packed out, but they just got (more) snow this week.

I've seen some trail reports here:

http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/forums/

Also, try to call the AMC (outdoors.org) at either the Highlands Center or Pinkham Notch, and they'll have some info too.

Since it is WMNF, why not call a local WMNF Ranger Station?

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Hope I gave you a lead, and sorry I couldn't give you a definitive answer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools