Topic

New vs. Old GoLite Ion

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedMar 10, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Has anyone had the chance to compare the old (2008) and new (2009) GoLite Ions yet?

Talking with a GoLite rep, I was told they have changed the top zipper to a non-waterproof one with storm flap. That original waterproof zipper WAS a bit hard to pull open, so this could be plausible, but looking at photos online it sure looks to me like the new version still has the waterproof top zip and no storm flap.

Would anyone who has seen the new model care to comment on the differences, if any, with the old model (besides the new colors)?

Robert Chavez BPL Member
PostedMar 10, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I just looked at the ones I have in stock and yes, they do have the storm flap with a non waterproof zipper. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Robert

PostedMar 10, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I look at the photos on the GoLite site and I just can't see that alleged storm flap over the zipper. (I know these must be the new model, though, because of the new colors.)

Odd.

I guess I'm going to just have to take a look in person.

4/2009 Update: Yep, the new one has a flap and a normal zipper. The photo on the GoLite site, which shows a waterproof zipper and no flap, is mistaken. Not as clean and elegant as before, but much easier to pull open. I wonder if GoLite had a lot of returns with broken zippers before. I like the new one — the "night" color (a handsome black check pattern) suits me fine.

PostedMar 10, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Yes – the 2009 Ion has the storm flap (I have it in my hand right now), the black is not dull but a deep black and the fabric grid pattern is different.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...