Topic

Dealing with fraudulent small business practices

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
PostedMar 10, 2009 at 8:32 am

Responding to the above query about Big Sky: I placed an order with them a few weeks ago. The order went through, I got a confirmation email, and I was happy. A week went by with no further emails, and my order hadn't arrived. I emailed them to ask what was up and got no response. I waited 2 or 3 more days (now it's 10 days since I put in the order) and sent a more sternly worded email threatening to sic my credit card company on them and mentioning the word "fraud." That got a response: some items I'd ordered were on back order for another month, and I was given a chance to cancel my order (which I did).

Big Sky claimed that they had answered my original email but that it was somehow my fault if I didn't get a response because I used 2 different email addresses (I do switch between email accounts sometimes, but my original email included my order # and my full name, so I can't see how that's an issue). Suffice to say, it turned out fine–they canceled the order and my credit card was never charged. But I wouldn't deal with them again for the simple reason that they should have contacted me immediately to tell me that the items I wanted weren't available.

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
Loading...