Topic

Winter Ground Covering

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Winter Ground Covering

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

Does anyone have any idea what this stuff is? How heavy it might be? It is item E9447 and item E9448 on http://www.harrietcarter.com

Pet Warmer
    Click to Enlarge Email a friend Add to Wish List
    pampers your dog or cat on chilly days and nights all year round. Its miracle space age material reflects and recycles pet’s own body heat. No electricity is needed so it saves on fuel bills. Pet will stay warm indoors or out – in basement, garage or their doghouse. Use on floor, in kennel, on chair or as bed liner. Easy clean; safe for all pets.

E9447 — Medium Pet Warmer
    (18″ x 24″)
    Was $4.98 – Now$3.98 Now 2 for $7.50

E9448 — Large Pet Warmer
    (30″ x 36″)
    Was $5.98 – Now$4.98 Now 2 for $8.98

< Back

Wanda Hodge

@supercamper

It looks like those emergency blankets you can get for .99 at Wally-World.

Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

It is exactly like that. An emergency blanket kind of aluminum on one side and some kind of foam backing on the other. Weight of the 3′ x 3′ piece is 1.8 ounces. Seems right to put in a pad sandwhich if using two pads in the winter

Wanda Hodge

@supercamper

Many moons ago when BPL was a yahoo group, some people on there were using those reflective sun shields that you prop on the dash in your car, against the windshield, to reduce the heat buildup in the car. I don’t know if anyone is still using that and I don’t know how much they weigh, but that’s something else you can experiment with.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>some people on there were using those reflective sun shields that you prop on the dash in your car…

Axium Jumbo “Blockade” autoshade, 27″x67″x1/4″, 4.4 oz. It does work, but I found the Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulating pad, 20″x57″x1/8″, 2.5 oz, to be warmer, at least in a hammock.

Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

Ahh, the days of McO, tyvek theft and the like!

This is much thinner than the sun shield. I was playing with affixing it to the gossamer thin pad, we will see

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

I use a thin sun shade under my legs with a torso length gossamer gear pad if the ground is cold – really helps a lot.

it weights 1.75 ounces on my digital.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools