Topic

the Montbell Handy Scoop?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedMar 7, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I have one of these but the ground around here is usually pretty soft. Is it better to use a regular trowel that has a pointed in or this rounded thing in more difficult soil? Thanks.

Ed Tyanich BPL Member
PostedMar 7, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I have a couple Montbell scoops. One stays in my backpacing gear and gets occasional use, the other is in the kitchen. Best ice cream scoop ever!

Nia Schmald BPL Member
PostedMar 7, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I had a montbell and it was all right. But the harder/rockier soil in the sierras where I usually hike was too tough for it. After losing the montbell half way through a JMT trip I switched to a titanium nail peg. It breaks up the soil much easier and I haven't switched back.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedMar 7, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Sometimes I am to obtuse for my own good. I can use my titanium 'V' stakes.

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedMar 7, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I too own a MontBell scoop — but much more often, I just use the heel of my boots.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedMar 8, 2009 at 9:02 am

Yeah, but I wear Chacos for pretty much everything nowadays. Not the same really but they can make a dent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...