Topic

Anyone use Taiga Gear?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone use Taiga Gear?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Febbo
    Spectator

@febbom

I just found out that this company exists: https://www.taigaworks.ca/

Their prices for down clothing and bags, actually everything, are very, very competitive. Has anyone used anything from them- any comments on quality and design? Given the prices, I am worried that this is sub-par gear.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Stephen Klassen

@steveyk

I just sold one down parka, and still have an older one.

Quality is as good as what I have owned from MEC (bush pilot, Northlite), Patagonia (DAS), FF (Helios) Integral Designs (PLQ) and Montbell (Alpine lite). I would definitely recommend the down jackets/parkas. As I said on another thread, the Mont Blanc in Dryloft they are currently selling for $200 is a steal. I would buy one if I didn't already have one (but older, unbaffled).

I have their down booties as well, quality is excellent.

I know their gore-tex bibs from 10 years ago lasts as well. But I don't have experience with anything newer than 5 years.

Some people complain about trying to return items. You'll have to google that. I liked the stuff, so I never returned anything.

I liked the old store better than the new one, even tho the location is slightly more convenient.

Paul Davis
    Spectator

@pdavis

Locale: Yukon, 60N 135W

Hi All!

I have had some good bits and pieces of gear from Taiga over the years, however, my experience has been that they are not very mail-order oriented. Here in the North there have been some problems with their ability to follow-through on such things as sleeping bag returns from mail-orders.

So, best to shop in person!

60N 135W

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools