I'm re-thinking my designs for a rather complex peak venting arrangement in my planned MYOG 4 person pyramid. My uses will mostly be summer in California, where shade and bug protection will be more important 90% of the time than rain protection.
It will be a steep walled 10×10 pyramid with 6' roof height. It seems that this will be plenty steep for condensation to run off without dripping, even when closed up in a rainstorm.
One full side will have a netting inner door. Most of the time we will have the silnylon outer door tied open. There will be perimeter netting at the base of the other 3 walls. The wall opposite the door will be made of "solar/heat reflective" aluminized silnylon.
With all this, is peak venting needed? I note that Mountain Laurel Designs has dropped the vent from their pyramid.
Thanks,
Jim
EDIT 12/18/2009:
All talk and no action… I ended up buying a Black Diamond Mega Light. I liked the vent, I liked the nice carbon fiber pole, I liked the sale price I found (cheaper than buying the fabric and pole).
Now it's time to figure out the bug issue. Full nest or perimeter net plus sil floor?



