Topic

Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adrian B
    BPL Member

@adrianb

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand

Have searched high and low but no luck, maybe folks here can help.

– does the ID eVent Thru Hiker have a volume adjuster in the hood? I can tell from photos that the front edge can be cinched down, but does it also have a separate volume adjuster?

– what sort of waistband and tightening system do the Rain Pants have? Just standard built in elastic + a static drawcord? Or something more complicated with clips, built in belt etc?

Adrian B
    BPL Member

@adrianb

bump ?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I just noticed your location.
    A good reason not to just call them….

My Thru-Hiker has a volume toggle for the hood.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Yes, the hood has a bungy/cordlock volume adjuster at the back. Note that the brim is not re-inforced, so is not really very usefull in any kind of strong wind. It's also pretty short in the torso but long in the arms.

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Have elastic and velcro strips at the waist.

Adrian B
    BPL Member

@adrianb

great thanks for the replies…

re the hood, a further question: how well can you cover your face when zipping right up and cinching the hood?

re the pants: so you can only tighten them using velcro, rather than a drawcord? hmm. I can't stand it when rain pants fall down when walking.. do they stay up and tightened ok with pack trying to push them down?

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

The velcro strips are on both sides of the pants and does a pretty good job of keeping them up over time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools