Topic

Small 1″ Button whistle?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedMar 2, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Anyone know of a good whistle with a diameter of about an inch, circular in shape and loudreliable enough to be used in a PSK?

I started cutting down an ACR whistle to fit the dimensions I want but then I realized it probably wont work once I change the size of the air chamber.

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedMar 2, 2009 at 8:26 pm

The smallest whistles I have found are the zipper pull style and the cylindrical aluminum ones that REI sells on their key chain board near the check-out counters.

Going Gear has the zipper pull models and a decent aluminum one with a spy capsule built in. Don't bother with the bullet models they have– lousy sound.

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7&zenid=14c6af523f91236cffd46e6627b9ac33

EDC Depot has some too: https://edcdepot.com/merchantmanager/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=whistle&x=0&y=0

Brad Groves BPL Member
PostedMar 3, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Most of the small whistles I've seen have been slightly better than worthless as for loudness, etc. I know it's bigger than an inch, but have you checked out the Jetscream? Very flat, easy-pack shape but very loud… If a whistle isn't much better than the occasional shout, I'm not sure its weight makes much sense to carry. That's just me, YMMV.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...