Topic

National Geographic TOPO! Explorer question…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion National Geographic TOPO! Explorer question…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Loome

@davidloome

Locale: American Southwest

I usually find free topos online, but need good maps for a Spring Break hike coming up in a couple weeks so I downloaded the Explorer application and some quads I need. I've more or less figured out the useful features of the program and learned the avoid the plethora of confusing and useless features that I've found the program riddled with.

My problem is this: I don't have a printer. (I usually save files to a CD-ROM and bring them to Staples or something which yields much better results). After downloading the quads and sizing them to print, where can I go from there? The program doesn't give me any options for converting the file to jpeg or any format I can use, and doesn't allow me to copy it into another program that I can save onto a disc. So far I am thoroughly unimpressed with the Explorer program, but would feel a lot better about spending the $25 if I could figure out how to just print the darn maps. Any input?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I have the State series so don't know how you are set up….

But for me…

File/Print and set things up in the frame box.
    File/Export Map to Disk
    Save Map over on the right side of the screen

Good Luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools