Topic

good places to camp in alabama?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips good places to camp in alabama?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeremy yax

@isenriver

Locale: tennessee

i'm planning a 3 day camping trip, hopefully somewhere in or near Talladega Park in Alabama. does anyone here know of good places to camp around there? i haven't had much luck looking around online.
    this camping trip might just be a typical car-camping trip, but i'd prefer doing some backcountry camping, depending on whats out there. the trip is planned from the 14th-16 of this march. any suggestions?

Dustin Fritterling

@medylami

Locale: Southeast

I know this is a late post, but you should definitely look into hiking in the Sipsey Wilderness in Bankhead Natnl. Forest. I've been going there for years now and it truly is an amazing place. It's been called the "Land of a 1000 Waterfalls" and the name is certainly an accurate representation. The water is pure (if you get it from a spring) and I've drank it without filtering many a time. If you're set on Talladega Forest, then you may want to consider hiking a section of the Pinhoti trail. There are websites for both places that can help you with your decision/planning.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools