Topic

Quick Question on Montbell Sleeping Bags – Need Answer Quickly

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ben R BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I'm hoping someone can answer a question quickly…

I am looking at a Montbell UL Super Stretch #1. Is the loft evenly distributed between the top and bottom of the bag? Or does the top have more loft than the bottom? This will affect my decision to purchase (without going into details, I hope the down is even top and bottom).

Please don't guess or speculate, 100% facts only (from an owner preferably). Thanks a ton!

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 8:19 pm

I have a MontBell UL Down Hugger No. 3 bag — which is the "non super stretch" version. The down is pretty evenly spread between top and bottom. I prefer this because in warmer nights, I open it up flat and use it like a quilt.

PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 8:32 pm

I have a #3 and #4 (which I hardly use any more). Yes, the down is spread evenly. The quilting "stretch" feature is actually something that helps to keep the down in place. Having down evening distributed is important for me, and my reason to use a bag rather than a quilt, because I tend to toss and turn a lot and sleep on my side, so a quilt rarely works well for me due to drafts. The MB bags have performed well all the time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...