Topic

rain jacket/pants suggestions?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Dennis Park BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 7:14 am

Can anybody recommend a rain jacket/pants that can tolerate pushing through brush, etc while fly fishing that weighs less than 1 lb. per piece?

Thanks.

PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 9:30 am

I currently have a set of Cabela "Ultrapack" raingear. They're not built especially tough, but they've been through about 2 weeks of Alaska bushwacking with only one minor tear. The pullover top is 8 oz, and the bottom is probably slightly less.

I'd say they're tougher than, say, Frogg Toggs. I'd put them on par with cheap, non-breatheable nylon raingear.

Jim W. BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 12:03 pm

For fly fishing won't you be in the water? If so either you're wearing waders or your feet and lower legs will be wet.

In either case I suggest a hip-length or longer coat and water resistant/non-absorbent pants made out of something like one of the Schoeller fabrics.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...