Topic

Best pack ever ?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 10:35 pm

That was a great video, loved the ending. Durable – Flexible – Comfortable…what more can you ask for?

PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 11:38 pm

There are too many around here that think of themselves as some sort of pack meisters, but none have come up with anything like this.
Franco

Tony Beasley BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 3:05 am

This thread reminds me of last Sunday, while my mate and I where waking out on a major road (Happy Jacks) in the Australian Alps I came across two persons with rickshaw type carts with about 60kg plus of gear each including several large kitchen cooking pots, they where fascinated by my 8 kg pack and could not believe that we had just spent three days in the bush with such little gear, one guy asks if he could hold my pack to see how heavy it was, after lifting it he pulls out his empty 110 liter pack that weighed nearly as much as my pack, he then went on to explain that for the last thirty years he has carried 35 kg in his pack and that he decided to try using the carts, I advised them to start doing some reading about lightweight gear on the net.

They where in the bottom of a valley and had a 7.5 kilometer pull, which 5.5 kilometers is continuously up hill to get out to their car. We wished them good luck and went on our way.

Tony

Steven Evans BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 10:20 am

Franco,
Thanks for the link. That is seriously one of the most amazing videos I have ever seen.
While, I have several packs, I can't imagine any of mine would transfer the weight to the hips as well as the Flextrek. Also, storing the water bottle up above like that is something I have never tried. I would think that it would be difficult to access, but what do I know!

PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 11:17 am

I bet with a rabbit ear antenna at the top, you could get marvelous reception – and there's plenty of room for a TV and long extension cord to fit in that pack.

All the comforts of home right out there in the wilderness! Why settle for less? ; )

Kevin Kerstens BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 11:20 am

I believe you can get the Flextrek for 40% off at Backcountry.com if you use the
promo code "2×6-1-2BSWR".

Jason Klass BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I actually had one of these but returned it because it didn't have hip belt pockets.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Loading...