Topic

Torn between two packs

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Scott Layton BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 7:07 pm

G4 or SMD Starlite……
G4 is on sale for a great price, 1/2 the price of the Starlite. Similar capacity. The Starlite is slghtly heavier, but both packs are lighter than the 3 lb 3 oz pack I'm using now…. What are your thoughts, experiences, advice?

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Scott:

If you have narrowed down to the final two — why not just order them both? Considering the relatively high price and how critical it is to have a pack that fits you — your only risk is merely the shipping cost — which is really nothing by comparison.

Just to drive home the point — while both packs have LEGIONS of enthusiastic fans — I found that neither felt comfortable to me. But I wouldn't have known if I hadn't actually tried them, right?

Monty Montana BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 12:11 am

I have a G4 and it has proven to be a great pack; however, I find it to be a bit large for two or three-day trips. For that the Whisper is more appropriate given my gear kit. So if your kit is bulky so as to fill it out, then the G4 will probably work for you, since a frameless pack carries best when fully loaded.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...