Topic

Nunatak Teanaway Down Booties

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Does anyone have a pair of the Nunatak Teanaway Down booties?

If so, what size, what fabric, and what do they weigh?

I just received a pair I've been waiting on for quite awhile and they are significantly heavier than advertised on the site. Nice quality, but I'm not thrilled at the significant increase in weight.

PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I have a pair, size M, Epic shell. On a +/-0.1g scale they weigh 5 oz for the pair. That's 1 oz heavier than spec.

If you just got them, you might take a day or two to let them dry out thoroughly. Down goods can absorb moisture just from ambient humidity. When my Arc Alpinist arrived, it had been an intensely wet week, and it weighed a bit heavier than spec. I set up a fan blowing into it for a day or so (the weather cleared up too) and it magically lost more than an ounce.

Guess it depends on how much weight we're talking about. But I will say that I really like my Teenaways.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...