Topic

Guyoutdesigns Tap Guard

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ken Helwig BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Just bought one of these at REI today. It is a cabon filter similar to the Aqua Mira Frontier Pro. It fits in a Nalgene and looks quite cool. Used in conjunction with Aqua Mira or some other chlorine dioxide it could be an effective item to take out that chlorine taste that I hate. Has anyone used this yet??? Looks like it weighs in around 2-3 ounces at the most?

Nia Schmald BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 8:34 pm

>Chers

Chers? I assume that was intentional?

The tap guard looks pretty cool in combination with a UV purifier. The rei site says it weighs 1.6 oz. I would be interested to get an actual weight.

PostedFeb 28, 2009 at 8:46 am

Bought it, plunked it in a bottle. Went snowshoeing the next day. Bent over to adjust my snowshoe and my bottle popped out of my pack.

Last I saw it was heading down a chute to the Nisqually Glacier. Sigh.

It really sucked to lose it!!

If anyone wants an extra filter replacement, let me know. Sigh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...