Topic

Diff between Flyroc and Terroc

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Jonathan Ryan BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 6:10 am

Hello,
I am currently trying to figure out footwear for my August JMT Thru. I currently wear the Flyroc 310's as my primary hiking/tr running shoe and love them. My only concern is that I have heard the JMT can be a dusty place and that a shoe with alittle less mesh may be better at keeping dirt out. Looks like the Terroc may fit the bill. Can anyone who has used both explain the differences? Thanks

PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 9:40 am

Jonathan,
I can tell you from experience that the '08 Terroc mesh is very open. Your feet will be black at the end of the day. Your socks will be filled with dirt.

I do like the shoe. I just deal with washing my feet every day and my socks on the 3rd day.

PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 11:29 am

Jonathan,

The upper of the terrocs are more durable than the flyrocs. I have a pair of terrocs with 600+ miles on them and the upper is still in like new condition (but the soles are on their death bed). I agree with the previous poster that they still let dust in like the flyrocs. I also feel that there is more slightly more foot volume in the terroc compared to the same size flyroc.

Mark Verber BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 5:12 pm

You feet will get quite dirty with either pair. Luckly, there are plenty of places to wash your feet along the JMT.

–Mark

Adrian B BPL Member
PostedMar 2, 2009 at 8:20 pm

My experience, having worn through a pair of flyrocs, and several pairs of terrocs:

– not much difference in durability, perhaps flyrocs have more durable soles, but they seem to share the same weak points (mesh, lace hoops).

– mesh in both lets through fine dust/sand. not really a problem though, just rinse out occasionally.

– terroc is a bit stiffer, i believe because it has a shank whereas the flyroc is just totally flexible. I still wouldn't call the terroc 'stiff' though.

– very similar/identical fit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...