Topic

Golite Jam Users

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedFeb 25, 2009 at 4:21 pm

I am interest in the new Golite Jam. I have a 30 inch waist and want to be able to cinch it tight. Would I be able to do that? I am concerned the padded hip belt would wrap too far around my waist. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Wong BPL Member
PostedFeb 25, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Ray,

I have a 31" inch waist….maybe 32" and I have the 2008 Jam2 in large and it fits me fine.

That said, there is very little room left for me to cinch it up further.

I think that 30" would be limit for the large.

An alternative for the Jam2 is the more expensive, but lighter, MLD Exodus….too me, they are essentially the same design.

-Tony

James Lantz BPL Member
PostedFeb 25, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Ray,
You may also want to take a look at the new Gossamer Gear Gorilla. It seems to be similar to my friend's Jam 2 but has the advantage of 3 pack sizes plus 3 hip belt sizes with the hip belt being removable. You can therefore use any combination of pack/hip belt. The Gossamer Gear pack also has the option of foam padding for both the shoulder straps & hip belt which are both also removable in case you want to use gloves, socks, or nothing in your straps or belt. If you want a larger pack than the Gorilla, look at the Mariposa Plus. I own both & love them both.
Nonetheless, GoLite makes great products & my friend likes his Jam 2 so I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...