Topic

BigAgnes Sarvis SL eVent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals BigAgnes Sarvis SL eVent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

Has anyone any idea why BigAgnes.com is selling the eVent Sarvis tents for 50%? I had trouble ordering on line but no problem on the phone.

Thanks
    Paddy

Anonymous

I am not completely sure but I think a while back there was a post saying that all event prouducts must be sold by the end of the year and then must stop production.

Frank P.

@cthiker

Yes. To quote Ben2World’s reply to my question on the http://www.backpacker.com forums, ” eVENT is not flame retardant, and certain states prohibit its use as tent material. Last year, GE — the parent company of the maker of eVENT decided that the material will no longer be made available to tent makers for sale in any state or Canada.

Tent makers like Integral Designs stopped selling eVENT tent by the end of 2004. Big Agnes is the last seller that I know of. I am guessing that Big Anges got a ‘temporary reprieve’ to sell off its eVENT tents, and that deadline is probably looming fast”

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

GoBlueHiker? I wrote the above (for better or for worse). :)

Frank P.

@cthiker

Haha. Sorry, man. I always get those two screennames mixed up, for some reason.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hey Frank, no problem at all. :)

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

will the fabric still be avalible in raingear? I hope so, its great stuff.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Raingear should be fine. In fact, even though Integral Designs stopped using eVENT for tents, they are continuing to use it for bivies!

Silly bureaucrats… don’t they know that hikers all smoke in their bivies? :)

Anonymous

According to a telephone conversation I had a with Evan Jones of Integral Designs, the rule is if you can reasonably cook in it, eVENT is out. If you can’t reasonably cook in it, like in bivies and rain gear, then eVENT is still fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools