Topic

Subway-less than 3 grams of….

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedFeb 24, 2009 at 12:51 pm

3 gram (~1/10 ounce) nifty plastic bags from Subway are great for anything where long and skinny is needed. They are pretty tough, very waterproof, and I'm sure you could get some for free just by asking. I use them to hold my TP and maps. They're not ziplocks, but they are long enough that you can securely fold over or tie the ends (like a dry-bag).

PostedFeb 24, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Actually, the bag itself is 2.8 grams, but I use a paper clip or rubber band to secure the top, pushing it to 3 grams. Weighs almost as much as my Gram Cracker Esbit stand, but a lot less than a ziploc. It's still not as light as a doggy p**p bag at 1 gram, but it's a lot bigger and more durable.

PostedFeb 25, 2009 at 2:13 am

"long enough"
If you trim say about 5 mm from the top, could that take you back to the 2.8g starting point ?
I can't test that here because I can only measure to the nearest 5g on my scale.
Franco

PostedFeb 25, 2009 at 11:17 am

If you trim the 'handle' off, the base wieght of the bag drops to 2.4 grams. Franco you are a genious (and no, I am not taking this seriously).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...