I thought this might be interesting. Its the closest I've found to the old Tozi Kletter packs. Ali
http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=70146&storeId=207&catalogId=10201&langId=-1&from=subCat&parent_category_rn=11748&variationId=2W0#
Topic
12oz 1950 ci tnf
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I like it. Looks kind of like a cross between a golite ion and several mld/gg/smd/rei flash kind of packs. Is this new or has anyone had any experience with this pack?
I've been searching tnf website once a month for years waiting for this to come back out. At this price it may be my ultimate pack. I still love my ION but it falls short of a one bag type pack. Ok i'm wierd but I am a minimulist and cant stand having too much stuff. Ali
Looks like a great pack. Is it brand new? I can only find 2 websites that sell it.
.
I dont think I can pass on this one. I'll do a review when I get some time. Ali
Hey
Whats the model name of this pack?
Thanks Jim
On sale at backcountry.com if you use the code that is posted on another thread. You can get it for $35.37 with the 40% discount.
Really what thread?
But the code has since been disabled.
ARGG :( Still a great deal at full price. Just curious is the MLD really dynema or just dymema ripstop patern? Is there even a differece? I'm so confused. ali
It's not full Dyneema like you can get from McHale. It's 210D nylon with a Dyneema ripstop grid sewn in. Same fabric used in the GoLite UL line and the ULA packs.
I gazed upon the picture fot too long.It put me into a trance.So I pressed the submit order button:)
$35.37 at Backcountry again . I hope they find a cure
for gear addiction.
This is not a review, but I got my $35 pack from backcountry.com today. I travel a lot for business, and thought it might be great to throw in my suitcase with a few other items. Since I often take little side trips.
Here are some pictures.
It folds into its own pouch, which becomes an inner storage pocket. It sits inside the inner pocket which will fit a GG NightLight Torso length pad (barely).

Here it is next to my ULA Conduit, which I have not unpacked from this weekend. I threw a sleeping bag into TNF pack so it would stand up. The pack is speced at 30L capacity.

It has a top lid with a storage pocket in it.

The shoulder pads have a lightweight padding in them and are 2 1/2" wide.

Has a thin waist belt.

Has a compression strap on each side.

Has two side pockets and one rear pocket. Uses some really flimsy feeling elastic inside the top seam.

Here is the top with draw cord.
I decided to try and transfer everything from my Conduit used this weekend (quilt, bivy, poncho/tarp, Caldera stove, torso pad, clothes, etc. and it all fit. I have two empty 1L Platypus bags, and they will fit if filled with water. Pretty amazing.

Pretty good for 35 bucks. But I wouldn't take it on a weekender, without trying a couple of day hikes. I usually need to carry 4 liters of water for desert trips, so it probably would not be as comfortable as my Conduit, nor it is made a well. The material is 70D ripstop nylon, so it should be sturdy. The question is how could they construct it with quality at that price. But if I was included to move into SUL, the pack is big and light enough.
Become a member to post in the forums.

