Topic

Alcohol Stoves – Beyond Soda Cans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Alcohol Stoves – Beyond Soda Cans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Well, it looks like building alcohol stoves has just surpassed the realm of soda and cat food cans. Take a look at what Tinny at Minibulldesigns is working on. He's started ordering aluminum bar stock and milling his own designs, including this one with a remote fuel canister:

YouTube video

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

damm that does look pretty cool

Scott Littlefield

@sclittlefield

Locale: Northern Woods of Maine

My goodness, the convenience of a canister stove with the benefits of an alcohol stove… fantastic.

Always on the cutting edge Tinny.

I want one.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

His latest update:

tinny1 wrote:
    After a lot of testing I have discovered that the solid stove with the three holes is prone to overheating and boiling the fuel in the base. The proto #5 with fuel bottle attached has vent issues and is–in my mind–just too much trouble to be of value. The original design with the two tubes is –as Jimbo would say–BUTT UGLY

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools