Topic

Favorite Gear in 2005

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Favorite Gear in 2005

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sunny Waller
    BPL Member

@dancer

Locale: Southeast USA

What is you favorite gear that you got this past year. Mine would be my Lunar Solo tent…it is a wonderful tent..lightweight..easy to pitch and seaworthy in the worst of storms. A close 2nd would be my DAM. I have a bad back and a good nights sleep anywhere is a great gift. Its not lightweight but I would never leave home without it :)

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

my favorite peice of gear for 2005 has got to be my montbell clo-up sheet.

sadly this waterproof 50degree synthetic bag is no longer made, but it took me to temperatures in the 15 degree range as well as the summer 50 degree nights. it is not the lightest, at 20oz, so this year I am going to replace it with the 12oz down thermal sheet, but for rainy conditions, I am sre it will find its way back into my pack, I would recomend it for all, but I got the last one mont bell sold. sorry.

runners up are, my golite poncho tarp, and Wrightsock double layer coolmesh socks. and duct tape of course.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I’m actually a little suprised at how much I’ve liked my dri-clime windshirt I grabbed off a sale table at Marmot.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Heheh– I got a Marmot DriClime windshirt in a thrift store for $12 :) I just about live in it.

I got some of the DriClime pants (Ebay) and my only complaint is trying to keep them up. They need belt loops or a built-in belt. I’m going to try suspenders– if they meld with pack straps and belt.

Favorite gear for 2005? Since I returned to hiking after a long abscence, it’s all new and good, but here’s my list of favorites:

Marmot DriClime wind shirt
    Vasque Velocity shoes
    Marmot Precip rain gear
    GoLite Hut 1 tent
    GoLite Trek pack
    Coleman F1 stove
    Playtpus water containers
    Black Diamond Switchback Trekking Poles
    Mountain Hardwear Convertible Pack Pants
    Mountain Hardwear New Tempest SL Glove
    Capeline silkweight tee shirt

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

#1 – Jacks’R’Better No Sniveller Quilt. Perfect weight for Grand Canyon trips and the sarape feature allows me to leave the jacket at home. For hut trips it is a great throw while lounging and warm enough for sleeping. It is a good overbag to extend the 20 degree bag into the winter.

#2 – Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo. I still use my hammock and tarp, but this is a well designed tent.

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Montane Featherlite windshirt
    Smartwool L/S Microweight Crew
    SGT Rock’s Ion Stove
    Tilley LT6
    Henry Shires’ TarpTent Squall

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools