Topic

Rab Super Dru Jacket

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedFeb 23, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Does anyone have experience with this jacket (Rab Super Dru)? If so, please post your impressions, likes, dislikes, etc.

Though it seems a bit heavier than ideal, the design/features seem a plus. I always value first-hand experience, though, so any comments are welcomed.

PostedFeb 23, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I own it and like it. I use it for summer. It has abrasion resistant fabric on the elbows and on the shoulders, but uses a lighter denier fabric in the non wear areas. It is cut longer in the back in order to cover your rear end. The hood is large enough for a climbing helmet. It breathes VERY well due to the eVent membrane. I have used it for two summers backpacking and am very happy with it.

PostedFeb 24, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I ordered this (Super Dru) from ProLite ('twas on sale). I'll post something more once it arrives.

PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 7:32 pm

My new Rab Super Dru Jacket from Prolite arrived today. It seems well made and blessedly fits me well (XL size fits my 6'5", 210 pound frame) with adequate sleeve length and room underneath for moderate insulation layering. The only surprise is that the zipper is "backwards" from what I'm used to (the Rab's slider is on the left coil, not the right)

Weighed on my kitchen scale it shows 15 ounces, not super light, but a meaningful improvement over the Pearl Izumi eVent jacket it replaces.

The heavier fabric over the shoulders and down the arms seems like a good choice for wear with a pack to mitigate abrasion damage.

Now all I need is for the weather to improve over the -5 degrees F. and -15 degree wind chill (following 7 inches of snow yesterday)!! Spring is coming, right?

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2009 at 8:23 pm

ProliteGear is badass. When my first Drillium delaminated, RAB was giving some resistance to a warranty claim. PLG stepped in and took care of me. Must have been my $400 a year order history.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...