Curious, how do these compare in weight/feel? Is Cap1 about the same? Lighter? Heavier?
I know Capilene but am unfamiliar with the feel of BPL's merino.
Thanks.
Topic
Patagonia Capilene 1 vs. Beartooth hoody
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Craig,
I have both. My size medium long-sleeve Cap 1 weighs 7.2 oz. My size small Bearthooth weighs 7.4 oz and has a hood and face mask. Both garmets fit about the same, with the Bearthoot a tad tighter around the torso, the medium Cap 1 acutally hangs loosely on my torso. The Bearthooth is perfect. I wouldn't mind the Bearthooth being a couple inches longer. The Cap 1 is probably 4 inches longer. But a medium Beartooth would be way too big for me.
Feel of the materials are similar. Both have a silky feel. This is my first foray into merino wool clothing and I was quite surprised at at how thin the material is, and the feel of the material against the skin. It sure feels like a synthetic material.
The Bearthood has large visible seams in the shoulder area, not sure if this will bother me when in use. Kinda thought it.
I just got the Beartooth this week, and will try it out on a trip next weekend. I think it is going to be one great piece of equipment. Probably will use the Cap 1 in summer, the Beartooth the rest of the year. Of course the Beartooth costs more than twice a Cap 1. But now on most trips I can leave my bacalva home and save a couple ounces there.
Thanks Nick, that answers my question.
Craig
Become a member to post in the forums.

