Topic

Sleeping bag with 18oz of overfill(?)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sleeping bag with 18oz of overfill(?)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David G
    BPL Member

@dgeesaman

I’m currently shopping for a mid-range winter sleeping bag, and Marmot has both the Lithium 0 and Paiju -5 on sale.  Same down grade, similar size and shell material, same EN temp rating – so far, so good.

The Paiju -5 Long weighs 4.09 lb and the Lithium 0 Long weighs 2.81 lb.  The down fills are 45oz and 26.5oz, respectively.  The overall and fill weight of the Lithium is in line with most other brands in this range.

I called Marmot and didn’t get a useful answer, as the customer service rep didn’t seem to recognize why this is so odd.  He shuffled off for a bit and came back with the conclusion that they’re basically the same bag but the Paiju has another pound of down to make it feel a little warmer.

So while I’m obviously inclined to choose the Lithium, I feel compelled to understand both options.  Can anyone shed light on why the Paiju has a 18oz of extra down fill?

Thanks,

David

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!